December 16th

It's been six years.  Thursday, December 16, 2004. I had been cigarette free for about 5 months, I'd been a Christian for just under 5 months and I'd known Randy for about a 1-1/2 months. December 16, I offered to help him move a couch and it turned into the first night of this amazing journey we're on.  I remember being at work and I got an email saying something along the lines of he'd was picking up a new couch and I offered to come help him move it.  There was coffee, singing in Eckerd, snow, freezing, a carpet and a couch. It became what we affectionately call "Date Night", our first date together and we've been inseparable since.

We've always held this date a bit higher because it was our first "date" and we knew then that this was different, special, something that needed to be protected and cherished. It's not always been an easy path that we've been on but we've both kept God firmly in the middle of our relationship.  We have worked very hard to work through the struggles of two very stubborn, head strong people coming together.  We've had great joys and deep struggles but there's not one day of the last six years that I'd trade for anything in the world. I look forward to next year and renewing vows to each other and Christ. I look forward to many more years with my best friend at my side.

Thank you Lord for the lessons of the trials and the joys of the blessings!







Comments

Popular Posts