no poo update

No poo...
Natural, healthier living - Check.
Less items to recycle - Check.
Freedom from big corporations - Score!

This things have been some of the benefits of not buying and using commercial shampoo. I went poo free mid March. At first I couldn't stand how my hair felt. Then about 6 weeks into it, it was like BAM and suddenly my hair felt softer, lighter with less of a build up feeling. I figured, ok I can deal with this. It's not the same soft silky hair my husband's been missing but it was close.

Then the itching started. I blamed it on the season change but my scalp is so dry and itchy I can't deal with it. Using shampoo is the last thing I wanted to do but after a few weeks I didn't know how much more I could take. I researched all the no poo forums for answers, tried a lot of what was suggested and none has helped.

I've been feeling really guilty the last few days about wanting to use shampoo. I know it sounds stupid but I really strive for a more natural living. I love when God just swoops in to recuse us from ourselves. One of the blogs I follow had a posting recently that I didn't see till last night. She lives as much of an all natural lifestyle as she can but her baby has been struggling with eczema and she finally had to break down and buy something to treat it. (here's her story: Admitting Defeat, When Natural Doesn't Work) So anyway, I read this and just brought me a sense of peace in my decision to go back to shampoo, at least for awhile. I'll probably work on formulating my own recipe after I get all my soap supplies unpacked!

So I know it seems like a silly post but I just wanted to share what I felt at first was my complete failure to not use shampoo but now I see I was making not using poo an idol. It had become more important to me than actually taking care of my body's needs.

Thank you Lord for using little things in life to show us Your way and to release us from the human prisons we build. 



Comments

  1. I loved this and how God will use the simplest thing to grap our attention.

    I couldn't tell that you were "poo" free!

    love ya friend,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts