Spring is almost here!!

I realize we haven't even hit winter yet but to me, spring is right around the corner. Nothing makes the cold dark winter fly by faster than having 26.2 miles looming in front of you. There are 3 or 4 races I'm now trying to decide on. Do I want a large race like Buffalo or this small one I found in Danville that is actually part trails?? 
I deeply wish I was running Big Sur this spring with my husband. I had a slight glimmer of hope the other morning...Big Sur is sold out for 2011 however since Runner's World has their Challenge at Big Sur this year, it seems they have some slots that they have purchased. The glimmer of hope is that there is a way into the race, the part that slams those hopes to the ground is the cost of registration through RW...
The one in Danville Pa really intrigues me. (http://www.rtmarathon.com/) It's a very very small marathon (only 400 registrants) through quaint little towns along the Susquehanna River. It would feel like running at home. I love to run along the Susquehanna and through our quaint little Owego and along the country back roads here. 
I'm not sure I can handle the pressure of being so public about it this time however it did help to keep me accountable and at times was very encouraging.  It's a good thing I have a very supportive husband who is willing to spend a Saturday morning driving ahead of me to cheer me on in training! 
Regardless of what I choose, I'd better get my schedule tweaked and solidified, get my running diet figured out and get back on the road. 

184 days just doesn't feel very far way...


the scripture that inspires me to keep moving even when I don't want to (me running in pacific grove, ca) 

Comments

Popular Posts