As for me and my house...

Our church is going through the Bible in a story format called The Story. It's been really amazing so far. Every week my eyes are opened to something new. This week was no different. I've not yet fully pin-pointed what it was this week that hit me so hard. There were so many different aspects that made me look deep into myself and ask the same question that was asked on Sunday, "Why do I let it happen?".  I began to solidify that I was on the right side of the battle I've undertaken and it gave me courage to step out and ask to do something that terrifies me. If Joshua can step out and be courageous in the face of the battle he had, I'm sure with the Lord next to me, I can open my mouth and say the things I know need to be said. It was comforting to have that confirmation and encouragement that I am on the right path.

I've always loved Joshua 24:15.  My Mema (grandma) had this hanging in her kitchen and after she passed away, I asked my mom if I could have it to hang in mine...

But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.”  Joshua 24:15

Those words carry as much weight with me now as they did 6 years ago when I first heard them. No, I must say, they probably carry more weight because I have grown in what it means to serve the Lord. That it's not always easy but is full of joy and blessing, that those that you love don't always want to hear about your beliefs, that you must make hard choices; choices that don't follow the logic of society, that you love your husband in a way that society now mocks, that you raise your kids in a way that is thought to be antiquated, that you stand up for what's right and that right and wrong is black and white with no compromise.

Comments

Popular Posts