out with the old

Why does it always feel like the new year begins so busy?  I looked at the calendar today and was shocked to realize that it was the 14th. Where in the world did the last two weeks go?  I feel like my life is in chaos right now with no direct path each day. God has been affirming those feelings. He has brought up in three different ways, in the last two weeks, that I need to get my days organized.
One of my selfish goals through this process is that when I do take the time to relax that I can really relax. I don't now, I think about everything I need to get done but I'm not doing. So my rest time has turned into stress time.  I also deeply desire to have more focused time with God, instead of feeling like I'm squeezing Him into my schedule. I know that if I make that time each day my days will go much smoother.
During school this week, the family presentation was on the Chinese traditions for their new year. I really connected with their tradition on throwing out all their junk the day before their new year. They do this to cleanse their lives for the upcoming year. Obviously I don't follow those traditions but that one struck a cord with me. I've been thinking all week about the areas of our lives and in our home where we can cleanse all the garbage out.
Wednesday was my bedroom. Today it's on to Esther's. Then on to other rooms. I'm taking the house one room at a time and simplifying our lives and clutter both physically and spiritually.



Lord, I ask that you help and direct me in my sorting and cleansing. Please give me wisdom as to what "things" both physically and spiritually I need to cleanse from my life.
 "But who can endure the day of His coming? And who can stand when He appears? For He is like a refiner's fire and like fullers' soap." ~ malachi 3:2





Comments

  1. Like your thots very much! Especially now as I am contemplating taking down the tree-which includes cleansing my self of stuff!! Thanks for your post:)))

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts