no poo and overheating dogs

This has been an interesting week...no month...no year so far. So much has happened. Actually to the outside observer not much has happened but in our little world, we've gone through quite a bit!!

We started the year off by putting a bid in on a house we used to live in that we LOVED. This house had everything we wanted...or so we thought. It needs quite a bit of work and has quite a few problems, not to mention less than an acre of land. We began to truly evaluate what was important to us in a house and knew that this "dream" house was not the dream we wanted. We wanted land, sun, trees, room in the house, lots of sunlight in the house, a house that needed some work and as we looked, we realized that we wanted to be close to my husband's work for a change.  We found a house that fits a lot of that. Now it's just a waiting game to make sure everything goes through. We found a house with woods, open land, lots of room, close to his work and a house that is in serious need of a face lift or at least a coat of paint!   The sad downside of this to me is that we are leaving behind some really awesome neighbors and an area that I've called home most of my life. I am looking forward to this next chapter of our lives and to see what God's got in store for us. This is an opportunity to finally dig in and simplify our "stuff" that has been collecting. This move will also be great for my husband and I, emotionally and physically...we'll get to work side by side again doing something we love...making a house our home.

I've taken my desire for natural to new levels too. We're not purist in having organic and all natural products but my bent is more towards the natural now.  I think I've mentioned before that I no longer use commercial deodorant or commercial toothpaste. I've now gone shampoo free. It must not be making too much of a difference in my hair because my honey has yet to notice (ok, so now you know honey). It's been a week and I'm actually enjoying the freedom of it. There's a blog I've followed for awhile, Kendra over at A Sonoma Garden, and I stumbled on one of her posting about being poo free and it caught my attention. Since then it's intrigued me but I wasn't brave enough to try it.  Last week I dove in. No horror stories to tell yet but this newest experiment is still in it's infancy.

I did try a new deodorant recipe last week too that I love. Even my husband is now using it and his words were "I think you've got a winner there!" YAY.  And a new toothpaste recipe that he said still needs some tweaking it. BOO.

Before I go for the night I just need to share what my daughter said the other day. I love how kids hear and perceive things. Our poor dog is in heat again, I say poor because she now spends her time outside or in her crate. Guess it's time to decide that if we're not going to breed her, we'd better fix her.  Anyway, she walks in the room and informed me that the dog had overheated again.  I pray she always keeps such innocence.

Comments

  1. Please forgive me for being so late to this party! I'm looking forward to visiting you here more often. I only know you a little bit, but I love the way you are always willing to learn and try new things. Have fun with those recipes and we're looking forward to hearing how things are going with the new house.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts