creativity lost and found

Does anyone know if there is a lost and found for creativity? I seem to have lost mine in almost every area of my life.

I have a journal that's sat empty.
I have a blog that I've neglected.
I have a rag doll that's half finished.
I have a soap room with no soap curing.
I have an oven with nothing yummy baking in it.
I have a deadline for flyers that probably won't be met.
I have a computer that I no longer use to create videos or play in photoshop.

I can't figure out what is going on. It's been suggested that I'm depressed...no, I don't think that's it. I've been depressed in my life and this is most certainly not that. It's more of a dispirited feeling.  How to shake it? I hardly know. I know it must be conquered.  I wonder if there's something I'm not seeing. Is God stretching me? I can not say at this time.

I love summer and I'm sad to see it go. However, when I think of the crisp cool days of fall, the earthly smell that fills my senses, the overwhelming beauty of all the colors, I feel a sense of excitement for this season I've never felt. Who knows, maybe fall will be just what my spirit needs.



Please forgive me Lord for my current dejected outlook! I have too much good and wonderful in my life to feel this way, yet it is there. Please reveal to me what I'm not seeing and what I need to do, face, correct or repent of! I feel Your peace, Your presence but I'm lacking Your joy. 



Comments

  1. love you friend, thanks for being honest....I'm right there with ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hard season isn't it? i do believe suffering and sorrow are important seeds for creativity...save it, ponder it, pray it....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts