thoughts for today

Outside my window...it's a cold cloudy October day. I can hear the roosters crowing and now that the leaves are gone, I can see the neighbor's house quite clearly. It's funny how I didn't realize they were THAT close. I just pray the house sells to nice people! (not that the currents residents don't seem nice)

From the learning rooms...Esther is learning to tell time on a "real" clock (not digital). So we did a clock project as part of her lessons. She decorated and built a clock. She's so proud of it. She hung it in her room....until bedtime when the ticking got to her. It is now hanging in my living room where the ticking of the seconds reminds me of all I need and want to accomplish and how little time I really have. 


it's a bit crocked but works great


From the kitchen...I have the next three days dinner's planned out. It's so nice to be ahead of the game.  

I am creating...a history timeline with Esther. This is going to be a really fun, educational, memorable project! 

I am going...swimming and for a hair cut today. Woo Hoo I live the life. Actually I'm always telling my hubby I cherish our quiet simple life. 

I am reading...Women of the Bible as part of my morning devotion 

I am praying...for two women I've never met who have cancer. They weigh heavy on my heart lately. 

I am hearing...my favorite band, Casting Crowns


Around the house...trees are coming down, walkways are being designed, rooms are being redone. It's chaos and I love it. Counting down to my dream fridge. (yes the simple things bring me joy)

Here is a picture for thought I am sharing...Esther's measurement "chart", it's now actually become a milestone wall. We write all the big things on here. 

I used to wash the handprints from the wall.
Now I help her add them to the wall. I look
forward to many more being added. 


daybook inspired by:


Comments

  1. kristen, thank you so much for your kind comment on my blog. I looked about and was so encouraged by your enthusiasm for the Lord (need more of that myself!) and your growing family. I'm following you and have enjoyed my stay here.

    PS Esther is a great name! I am guessing that is her real name, though obviously my children are not really named Woodjie or Elf. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts