Tink's Reading Update

It's amazing to me the progress Tinker Bell has made in reading over the last 5 months.

In the fall she was struggling with reading and remembering simple 3 letter words. We'd help her sound out a word and two sentences later she didn't know the word at all.

 Now she's sounding out big words like beautiful and spectacular, all by herself.  She's reading various levels of books and her bible on a regular basis.




I attribute this progress to prayers (thanks Anne) that were added and lifted up with my own!  I really don't believe it's because of our curriculum especially since we were very lax in it during December.  We are not as advanced in her daily studies as she is in her reading. I'm very cautious though, to advance her studies so that she won't miss any important reading rules.

I'm overjoyed to have another reader in the house. She stayed up late reading last night and we had to finally tell her light out.

I pray she always finds adventure, love, fun, mystery and so much more in all the books that have yet to come.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts