end of facebook for me

It's been a little over three years that I've been on facebook. I've really enjoyed it. I've enjoyed the connections and the daily interactions with those I know and love. I love sharing my life and being a daily part of other's lives. But like my husband says to me many times...it's time for my facebook friends to go home.  I actually think it's more appropriate for me to say, "This party's been great but it's time for ME to go home."  I was ready to disable FB when the Floods hit (a different posting on that coming), but they were a life line for me to many I know who were posting their safety and locations during evacuations via their cell phones as Owego was being consumed by the Susquehanna. Then I was able to have one central place to gather info about what was going to to pass to my parents in Apalachin who had no power for four days. Facebook has it's benefits but it also has it's downfalls.

For me, I've come to realize that many deep relationships have become very surface due to two sentence comments on walls and relationships that seem close really aren't when you're in public and that other person ignore you OR I duck to avoid them.  I desire relationships the way they used to be...where I knew what was really going on in someone's life and they knew what was going on in mine. Facebook, I believe, really only allows you to know about 10% of someone's life. There have been times I've actually gotten annoyed with friends or family because I posted something on FB and they didn't see it or know what was going on.

With homeschooling my youngest now, it's time for me to take a LONG over due break from Facebook.  I'm sure I'll pop in here and there but I will be removing it from my daily part of life. I've decided that the relationships that suffer through this will be the ones that weren't really there in the first place. I hope that doesn't sound snotty but I truly want to know YOU, not just read what you're having for dinner or what cute thing your child did today. I want to know you on a level that we can share our trials and joys.

Anyone who wants to share their email address or phone number with me,  I will keep in touch with you!

Comments

Popular Posts