reynolds round-up #1


There is such a freedom from no longer being on facebook but I feel the loss of sharing my family in a real-time way with other family members. So I'm going to try to do a weekly round-up of what we've been up to....

Besides the scare we faced this past week, we've had many other things going on.

The chickens continue to be a source of something...not sure if it's joy or stress quite yet. We finally found a good home for our rooster Prada. He crowed ALL the time. When I say all the time, I mean all the time. He'd crow for about 20 minutes straight sometimes. I had to keep him locked up and muted more than I wanted to.  Well now that we found him a new home, KFC (king fluffy chicken) had decided to step up to noisy rooster spot. He's not yet as bad but time will tell.  Oh and speaking of Prada.....his favored hen disappeared on Friday. I was putting the chicken back into their fence in yard and I couldn't find her. I could hear her, far off. I was convinced that she'd taken off in search of her man that we'd sent at least an hour away from here. When I went back into the house through the downstairs door to hurry Esther to on our chores, there sat Red, our hen, in the house.  I couldn't believe it. She'd been in the house for at least over an hour. I had left the front screen door open by accident and apparently she'd come in that way.  Then on Sunday night I was sitting in the classroom talking to my sister on the phone and I could hear the chickens having a fit. I figured that KFC was trying to pick out a hen and was harassing them all. My husband walks in the house with our cat (who's an indoor only cat) that he found outside. Apparently the screen door was left open, yet again, and the cat was sitting in the doorway of the chickens' fenced in yard, when they were trying to get in and get to their coop. According to my husband she was sitting in the doorway like the Sphinx. She walked around the house a little taller that night. 

This month has been filled with helping with the floods, a birthday party for my mom, Esther's recital, the beginning of school (two times for my son who started high school this year), two lost front teeth, beginning of soccer, beginning of swim lessons and grape picking.  

We were down to one car for the first half of the month. One of the mornings I needed the car Esther rolled her eyes as we were leaving and said "Well at least daddy's work is close. If it was in like Idaho, I'd freak out."  The things that she says sometimes...

Here's some pics of what we've been up to: 

Esther and her nuggets

1st day of school

and the day she lost her 1st tooth
(she swallowed it)
Zion School of Performing Arts students

Lamb of God

Lean on Me





Watkins Glenn 

Esther's 4th year grape picking by the lake



swim lessons


found a location for the shower!!

1st soccer practice. they postponed it a couple weeks
because the park they normally use was under
water and they had to find a new location





Thank you Lord for all you've given me, for hearing our prayers this week and answering them, for standing by me and being faithful even when I am not. I am grateful beyond words for all that you have given me, especially for my family and the day to day moments with them. 

Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good! His faithful love endures forever. 
~psalm 107:1

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts