encouragement

I've felt discouraged and overwhelmed lately. Things I've seen the last couple of days have been such an encouragement to me....

I love watching the hand of God moving. I'm seeing it in some amazing changes in the lives of some friends of Randy and mine. It's very exciting to see God moving them, stirring their hearts and answering their prayers in ways that to them there is no doubt it's Him moving.
Today I got a message that a client where I volunteer said that I had effected her life. I was floored. I felt like I didn't say the right things to her. My heart broke for her. The young woman felt like the only option she had if she was pregnant was to have an abortion. She didn't feel like she could have the baby, she couldn't do that to her family.  I talked with her, I prayed with her and when she left I prayed for her. But I felt like I didn't say anything right. I'm humbled that through that God used me and touched her heart. I still pray for her, that God calls her to Him. Every woman I meet there effects me. I take a piece of them with me. I pray for them and ache for them. I wish I could help them all, take them all under my wing but all I can do is be open to the spirit and release them to Him so that He may help them make the right decisions.
Also today, one of my children asked me to pray with them. I was touched beyond words. I pray that God keeps drawing this child to Him and that He calls all our children back into His arms.

Thank you Lord for allowing me to be a witness to the amazing things you are doing.  I pray that you continue to use me to touch the lives of others. I pray that you continue to do the tough job of keeping me humble and that you keep me aching for Your love and comfort. amen

Comments

Popular Posts