exhausted

I am whipped out this week. Spiritual warfare is exhausting and painful but through it I learn and grow. My husband and I are in a couple of ministries that are on "the front lines" of freeing people or ministering to those in dire need. We are also closely connected to someone is who is openly seeking and the enemy wants us at odds or distracted so that we can't be as much of a support to this person and so that we're ineffective in our ministries.  There are days like I had this week that I really need to lean on Jesus in prayer because I just don't feel like fighting the fight.  I remember my life before I let Him be the Lord of it. Frankly at times it was nice doing what I wanted, relaxing more than not but it wasn't fulfilling and it certainly wasn't peaceful.  I have immense joy and peace following God's will for me but it's not always easy.   As I've pressed in this week in prayer I'm finding I have more energy and strength. Let me rephrase that...I find that HE is carrying me...so it appears that I have more strength.  I got a slight respite yesterday from my normal schedule. I had the startings of a root canal. It was nice to sit in in the dentist's chair and have nothing expected of me (for those who don't know me...I HATE going to the dentist so to find rest in his chair really means I'm starting to feel some stress).  I guess I'd better find a way to incorporate a day of rest into my schedule to recharge each week. I love all I do and I don't want to get burned out at all!


Lord, please continue to teach me how to balance my life. I pray that You have Your way in my life and that You push all resistance and obstacles out of the way.

Comments

Popular Posts