Who's really in control?

HA, not me. I'd like to think I am but I know the truth.  I try to take control. Yep, doesn't end well. Faith is so very hard to have sometimes but it's times like this that I have to have the strongest faith that Jesus is in control, not me.  Don't get me wrong, I'm not a zombie, mindlessly walking through this life. I have every opportunity to exercise my God given free will but when my decisions are not within His will for my life chaos ensues. I've found myself struggling lately with faith that God's in control, that He knows what's best for me. I'm so grateful that He's put an amazing group of women in my life that has encouraged and reminded of this fact. Without them I'd probably still be caught in the pit of fear and uncertainty I found myself last week.

This scripture brings me great comfort especially since God said it AFTER a period of hardship and exile:

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, " plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  ~ jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)







Comments

Popular Posts