saturday morning thoughts

Today I take off my wedding ring. This will be the first time I've had it off since the day my husband put it on my finger. I'm actually feeling some anxiety in removing it since I kept it on even in the darkest days of our marriage.  In about a month Randy and I will be renewing our vows and having the wedding we never had. I'm really exited about this.  We are having them checked, cleaned and inscribed with what has become our marriage scripture, 1 Samuel 12:16. It was a exciting discovery of this scripture (yep you'll have to look it up or if you look around, you'll find it on this blog....) because it fit so well with what Randy and I have experienced together.  I will be able to relax once it's back in my possession though.  I have my grandmother's wedding set that I can wear because without my rings I know I'm going to feel naked!!

I can't wait till December when my husband will put the ring back on my finger as a renewed commitment to God and to each other.

Comments

Popular Posts