thoughts for today...

Outside my window...it's dark. it seems like it's always dark. 

I am thinking...of all the tasks I have for the vow renewal. I'm really excited that we are finally going to have a wedding but getting so very nervous that it won't be just right. I'm working really hard to let go some of my expectations. I used to do this to myself at holiday and birthday gatherings. I'd work so hard at making sure it was just right that I made everyone around me miserable. I'm really trying to remember what gets done, gets done and let the rest go. 

From the learning rooms...we are doing a fall unit study and I'm planning on working on the Thankful tree from MOPS this weekend. 

From the kitchen...baking, baking, baking. I did a trial run on cookies yesterday for the reception and this weekend I'll begin preparing for the turkey day pies! 

I am creating...a scarf for Esther 

I am going...for a dress fitting tomorrow. A bit nervous about that. I'm worried the apple crisp season will have shrunk the dress. 

I am reading...What Women Fear by Angie Smith, and Reckless Faith (it's about Peter) by Jo Kadleck. I love how I can see so much of myself in who Peter is. I didn't used to know much about him except that he denied Christ. When my husband said to me one day, "You're a lot like Peter", I decided I needed to know if it was a compliment or insult. I know now he was complimenting me. 

I am hoping...for a wonderful Thanksgiving with my family. 

I am hearing...the ticking of two clocks. Sometimes it really grates on my nerves because I feel like they are screaming at me that time is wasting away. Some days it hits me harder than others just how much time has passed in my life. I look in the mirror and try to figure out who that older person is. This summer, I tried to climb a tree, which I once could have easily done, and I just didn't know where this out of shape stiff body came from. Where has my flexible, full of energy, youthful body gone? My mind is still so youthful, it's hard to have these conflicting body parts. 

Here is picture for thought I am sharing... 
we could walk on water if only we could keep our eyes on Jesus. 


print by Brian Jekel















Comments

Popular Posts