crafty idea

So for me this is an original idea. If anyone else has come up with it already, no stepping on toes intended.  Normally I don't come up with ideas but this was borne out of fighting with chalkboard paint yesterday.  Have you see the site Pintrosity? Yeah, my 1st painted jar could have gone on that site, easy. I posted to facebook for suggestions, got a few good ones, but they didn't work.

Finally I decided to try painting the labels that come with my little mason jars. I won't use them on the jars because what's in them changes all the time, well most of the time they are filled with yogurt.

Anyway, here's how it turned out.  I think it came out pretty good. Better then the jar that I painted directly on. I lost count how many coats I used. I just did it till it looked nice and smooth and the paper didn't peek through anymore.

Please don't except too many brilliant ideas and if it wasn't for a friend suggesting I pin it, I wouldn't have even thought to put it here.






Comments

Popular Posts