thoughts for today


FOR TODAY

Outside my window...a very long fall rages on. I don't normally like winter but I desire some winter, instead of these short, cold days of drab brown, that drag on with no end in sight.

I am thinking...how I'm in a season of growing and changing. I feel that excited, charged air feeling, that is right before an exciting storm in the summer. It thrills me because I always come out a new and better person after such a season.

I am thankful...that my husband listens to the voice of God

In the kitchen...we are still slowly remodeling and I'm still exploring meals that can be from scratch and be healthy for us without blowing the food budget

I am creating... a little bit of everything at once. I need to concentrate on one craft project at a time.

I am reading...One Thousand Gifts: A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are by Ann Voskamp

I am praying for...my hubby and the project he's working on at work

I am looking forward to...Christmas with both side of our families

I am struggling with...fear and worry....

I am learning...to be grateful 

Around the house...there is the joyous mess of Christmas everywhere 


In the classroom...we are not doing me, especially this week. 


I am pondering...the ticking of the clock in my kitchen and how it always reminds me of the ticking away of the minutes of our day. Helps me to focus sometimes and get things done or push it all aside and spend time with the kids. 


A favorite quote for today..."Danger is very real but fear is a choice." from an upcoming movie


One of my favorite things...Classic Christmas songs about Christ


A few plans for the rest of the week: visit this afternoon with family, shopping and cleaning tomorrow and a friend and her kids over on Friday


A piece of my past....



This has been a part of every Christmas for as long as I can remember. 










Comments

Popular Posts